Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit a Senior Projects Engineer for their site.
The Senior Projects Engineer will be responsible and accountable for the following:
Successful feasibility, planning and execution of projects for the Athlone facility. Projects may be in several categories, including Process Innovation and Automation, New Process / Equipment Introduction, Product Transfers / Feature Enhancement, Material Change / Qualification, Process Optimisation, Continuous Improvement ( OPEX ) / Cost Reduction, Facilities, Maintenance and Energy, Compliance;
Leadership role in the development of Department strategic plans, aligned to overall site objectives;
Managing project expectations, resources and deliverables ensuring key milestones, project capability, quality and financial commitments are met;
Championing the development & implementation of Project Management standard practices on site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully lead teams to deliver all project requirements associated with cost, time and functionality, ensuring that all KPI targets are achieved;
- Consistently adhere to and champion the use of project management standard practices in the areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling and Closing ( PMBOK );
- Prepare Technical and Financial Feasibility studies, User Requirement Specifications (URS ) matching customer needs, Project Charters, Work Breakdown Structures, Capital Expenditure Requests ( CERs ), Project Plans, Site and Factory Acceptance Test Protocols;
- Gathering of project data, production and analysis of data and presentation for management review;
- Track the status of all projects being managed using standardised methods and report to management using, for example, project dashboards;
- Ensure all Change Control requirements are satisfied and conduct all business ensuring compliance with appropriate standards;
- Liaise effectively with Corporate functions as appropriate, e.g. Project Management, Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, , Marketing, Sustaining and R&D;
- Track and report out on projects using standard templates ensuring all necessary information is available to key Stakeholders, e.g. Engineering Manager, Finance Manager, OpEx Leader, Plant Management;
- Follow all elements of the Corporate Procurement Manuals, ensuring project folders and files are always audit-ready;
- Support the Engineering Manager in the management of CAPEX, OpEx and various Project programs;
- Use Six Sigma and Lean principles appropriately to optimise processes, layouts and line ergonomics;
- Identify cost saving and continuous improvement opportunities which feed into the facility Innovation and OPEX plans.
- Manage and execute validation and CAPA activities;
- Provide technical back-up to resolve manufacturing process, equipment and material issues;
- Monitoring of equipment and process performance and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness);
- Set out and execute training programs for technical personnel and follow up auditing to check training effectiveness;
- Set out and present plans for the improvement of processes, efficiencies and production methodologies;
- Keep up to date on new developments and technologies in assigned disciplines;
- Monitor relevant Legislation as it affects assigned processes and projects and advise the Company accordingly.
- All projects shall be managed and driven in a proactive and responsible manner;
- Pursue the achievement of optimum performance on a continuous basis;
- Achieve all targets and standards as set by the management team;
- Support the Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Opex teams on all project activities as required;
- Be proactive in the development of oneself in the acquisition of higher levels of knowledge, skills and expertise;
- Ensure one?s goals, objectives and business activities are aligned with the business objectives of the company;
- Ensure excellent time-keeping and the effective use of time in planning and prioritising activities;
- Ensure the full understanding of and implementation of the company?s GMP and Environmental Health & Safety policies;
- Ensure the Health & Safety of oneself and others at all times and communicate potential hazards to the appropriate personnel.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate will ideally possess a minimum Bachelor?s Degree in a Science/Technology/Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent);
- Significant relevant experience in Plastics technology is a definite advantage;
- Candidates should be certified to minimum Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma;
- Candidates should have formal Project Management Certification (PMP, IPMA or equivalent).
- Minimum of 10 years? work experience in a Project / Process Engineering role ideally within Manufacturing or Engineering Project Management functions, preferably in a Medical Device Manufacturer or equivalent Regulated Industry;
- Proven experience in delivering through teams, multiple projects from conception through to completion;
- Strong Project Management competency and experience (PMBOK) and usage of scheduling tools
- Technical knowledge of Automated Systems (Pneumatic, Electro-pneumatic, Robotic)
- Working Knowledge and experience of Six Sigma & Lean principles;
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills through project and/or functional management;
- Well-developed analytical, numerical and computer skills and the ability to combine hands-on activities with theoretical knowledge and expertise.
Competencies relevant to this role include:
- Committed and diligent, with a relentless drive for results
- Has strong business acumen and drives hard to achieve the needs of the business;
- Has strong command skills and relishes leading, can provide direction in a crisis and is energised by tough challenges and persevere to achieve the final result;
- Can manage and resolve conflict quickly;
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization;
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Works persistently to build integrity and trust
- Demonstrates strong managerial courage, is objective and escalates issues early.
- Adheres to an appropriate set of ethics and values in line with the expectations of the organisation.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Cork please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022/0864667369 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval