Senior QC Analyst
Job ID: JOB-12964
Senior QC Analyst
We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great new job opportunity in Galway with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages. This exciting new job opportunity in QC is located Galway. Galway, voted “Europe most Friendliest City 2020”! Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in QC in Galway and we can talk though if it’s the right job for you.
This role involves conducting analytical testing on finished product & raw materials using the correct procedures in order to comply with GMP, Health and Safety, SOP’s and environmental and regulatory requirements while ensuring we meet our customer’s needs. It also involves providing technical support as required by management. In this role you will report to the Quality Control Supervisor/Manager.
- Maintain and follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Adherence to the existing methods with reference to pharmacopoeia’s, specifications, regulations and industry standards.
- Displays technical competency and full understanding of methods and equipment relating to the following areas: HPLC, IR, UV, dissolution & physical testing.
- Full analysis of raw materials in a timely manner using appropriate analytical techniques with limited analyst related OOS.
- Full analysis of finished product (tablets, boluses, veterinary drenches etc) in a timely manner using appropriate analytical techniques with limited analyst related OOS.
- Full analysis of contract manufactured products in accordance with customer specifications with limited analyst related OOS.
- Completion of method transfer analysis and protocols.
- Completion of cleaning validation analysis and protocols.
- Checking analytical results and approval of material.
- Scheduling of finished product analysis for the finished product group.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as per calibration procedures.
- Training of new personnel in the receipt and analysis of finished product.
- Displays ability to troubleshoot, supporting analyst’s/trainee’s with methods and equipment.
- To support the laboratory testing schedule in order to achieve an efficient QC system and Customer Service level of <95%.
- Review and maintain all laboratory logbooks, notebooks & associated documentation to GLP.
- Liaise with team leader/supervisor & production so that timely reporting of results is achieved.
- Ensure timely feedback of all queries as appropriate.
- To bring to the notice of the team leader/supervisor any discrepancies, deviations or non-conformances in testing or work practice.
- To complete OOS investigations and follow up on corrective actions.
- Amendment of lab procedures (SOP’s, FPP’s) as and when appropriate.
- Liaising with production so that materials are approved in a timely manner in accordance with their requirements.
- Ensuring that there are adequate retains samples of any product you have analysed.
- Sending out samples for external analysis when requested.
- Cost effective budget adherence, proactively looking for ways to reduce cost.
- Participating in internal/External Audits.
- Liaising with external suppliers/vendors in relation to QC consumables.
- Ensuring that existing quality procedures are followed in all areas and where appropriate suggestions/change control forms prepared such that the quality system can be improved.
- To adhere to any agreed internal laboratory rota tasks.
- To encourage and maintain good housekeeping and hygiene within the laboratory.
- To proactively create and encourage a safe working environment, adhering to laboratory safety measures at all times.
- Lead by example ensuring that your work area is kept tidy and that GLP/GMP standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure records pertaining QC are all kept up to date and filed properly.
- Any other duties as assigned by the QC team leader/supervisor or manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-based discipline with a minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Previous people management experience is essential Displays key behaviours such as
- Establishes strong working relationships with others, building team rapport and creating a cohesive team environment.
- Displays a positive outlook with strong coaching skills, maintaining interest at all times.
- Takes a methodical, systematic and structured approach to organising work.
- Makes effective and consistent decisions in a timely manner.
- Takes personal responsibility for making a decision, taking action within their own area.
- Escalates issues appropriately.
- Takes action to correct poor performance by being fair and consistent in approach.
- Displays flexibility, willingness to succeed and goes the extra mile.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Aisling Kidney on 0872197421 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…