Telephone: 091 730 022
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Galway
Coating solution quality is integral to our client's product performance and critical to their business. As Senior Quality Assurance Engineer your role is to implement quality controls that will ensure the raw materials and mixing processes for their photochromic and non-photochromic coating solutions continue to meet the high standards associated with our client's brand.
I am seeking someone with a strong process mind-set and analytical skills to support the Mix Lab's continuous improvement efforts. You will play a key role interfacing with the R&D team to develop risk analyses and control plans to guarantee product performance.
You will also oversee non-lens supplier management and raw material qualification as well as support finished solution qualification and the monitoring and reporting of key global quality metrics.
- Lead risk analysis and control plan development for raw material, mixing processes and finished solutions
- Validate new raw material suppliers
- Work with R&D to develop fit-for-use analytical methods and specifications to qualify raw materials
- Maintain close connections with manufacturing site Mix Labs to share best practices and ensure global standardisation of specifications and procedures
- Monitor and report on raw material and solution performance
- Lead technical troubleshooting and continuous improvement projects to reduce variation
- Bachelor degree, or higher, in an engineering or science discipline, preferably with a strong chemical engineering component
- 8 to 10 years' experience in a high volume manufacturing facility with strong quality assurance discipline
- Experience of FMEA, control plan development, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and capability analysis
- Solves problems through the application of appropriate scientific, experimental, and statistical methods. Application of Six Sigma and similar methods for reducing variation and improving process knowledge.
- Intellectually sharp, capable and can conceptualize systems and solutions. Pursues improvement projects with energy, drive and a need to finish.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Strong presentation skills, utilizing tools to address opportunities for improvement and experience in providing reports and data analysis to a variety of audiences.
- APQP or DFSS experience
- Black Belt in Six Sigma
- Analytical chemistry or experience in developing specifications for raw materials
- International travel required (up to 15%)
For further information on this Senior Quality Assurance Engineer role in Galway please contact Emma Ward on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval