Senior Quality Engineer
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quality Engineer for their site.
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for the daily Quality control of the Operations Quality in Galway to ensure robust quality is maintained. This role will involve driving strategic initiatives to drive the Zero Defect Goal in operations quality. As a Senior Process and Systems Quality Engineer you will have direct reports in the areas of Training and QMS and will also act a mentor/support to other areas of the Quality Department. This role will also be heavily involved in controlling Production Process KPIs to ensure that product is meeting Customer requirements and associated Quality KPI's metrics. This position will report to the Galway Quality Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Site QMS lead managing all associated First/Second and Third party audits Monitoring and development of all Business Processes.
- Manage the Corrective Action projects to ensure they are getting closed in a timely manner and mentor others to ensure thorough root- because analysis has been performed.
- Site lead in relation to management and execution of Control Plans including Special Process (Hidden Quality)
- Lead Training Program for operational areas including Brazing Excellence
- Support Change activity especially NPD programs by becoming the Quality Lead on all NPD projects.
- Feedback performance at various stages of the process, to suppliers, design team, quality team, and the operations team, that leads to behavioural changes as well as performance improvements when required. Monitor Production Control Plans and carry out Preventive Action to avoid product issues.
- Develop and implement systems to analyse and solve problems, carry out full analyses and act decisively. See situations and problems through the eyes of the customer.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of engineering and management processes, and use this knowledge in decision making, coordinating the improvement process, and meeting customer requirements ensuring that all products are built to TK specification and customer expectation.
- Direct management responsibility for Trainers and Students ensuring that each person delivers on their day to day tasks as part of their function. Also driving continuous improvement within the training role e.g. training documentation, versatility charts, training centre. Development through mentorship of each person in their roles.
- Management of all written assembly instructions (SOEs and OMS's) and the training and re-training of all production personnel.
- Management and continuous improvement of Special Process Control for all manufacturing processes to ensure high levels of 'unseen quality' (e.g. soldering, foam, paint etc.) Ensuring that each of the processes is audited to standard and non-conformances are reported and actioned upon.
- Development, Management and analysis of site wide Quality metrics system - i.e. Product Yields, Test Yields, Leak Rate performance, E-Coat quality data.
- Drive CAPA process to ensure continuous quality improvement and sustainment across cross functional teams
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering/Science with a minimum of 10 years in Quality within a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Qualification and high competence in data analysis and LEAN manufacturing. Black Belt qualification desirable.
- Qualified and experienced Lead Auditor.
For further information on this Senior Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval