Senior Quality Engineer – Galway
Our client a medical device company in Galway is looking to hire a Senior Quality Engineer for their site
You will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
- Selects appropriate techniques for problem solving and makes solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Has the responsibility and independent authority to make decisions related to product quality, including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Participates in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under their control
- Demonstrates and actively promotes highest levels of professional QA engineering discipline and rigor.
- Is viewed as a leader in the areas of QSR and ISO/MDD standards within ones own group, constantly promotion awareness of best industry practices making appropriate decisions on a daily basis using the Quality Engineering Manager/Site QA Director as the final arbitrator on critical quality decisions.
- Has significant expertise in validation engineering and is thoroughly familiar with all regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and approves operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- Champions continuous improvement and innovation from a quality perspective within the department right from vendor selection/approval through to customer awareness/satisfaction.
- Is an effective team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and LRP objectives.
- Gives technical guidance to Quality Engineers, Associate Quality Engineers, technician and inspection staff.
- Works with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts of Boston Scientific operations and to establish goals and targets around significant environmental impacts
- Deals with suppliers, other engineering disciplines within and outside of Site and customers should the need arise
- Is familiar with the internal auditing process.
- To build quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Education & Experience
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in a similar industry.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
For further information on this Senior Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Orla Crowley on 086 0449473 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.