Our client a medical device company in Galway is hiring a Senior Quality Engineer for their site on a contractual basis. For 18 months
- Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
Devises, implements and monitors methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Participate in preparing / critically reviewing/approving NCMRs/ CAPAs/ Investigations and validation activities, providing expert QA technical direction and solutions as appropriate.
- Ensures effective product control measures in the event of issues being noted.
- Lead and support root cause driven approaches to problem solving efforts for quality issues and implements corrective & preventative actions.
- Ensures that root cause of problem & implements corrective & preventative action measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May manage some direct reports of lower levels and responsible for communication and coordination talent management initiatives with reports.
- Liases with other departments sites, functions and vendors on a frequent basis. Represents the site at various levels in the organisation. Makes decisions in conjunction with senior management on deadlines that impact the business unit.
The Ideal Candidate
- Established and productive individual contributor.
- Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
- Communicates frequently with internal & external contacts.
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in Science/Engineering or related Discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience
For further information on this Senior Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Orla Crowley on 086 0449473 / Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval