Senior Quality Engineer - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quality Engineer for their site on a contract basis
- Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product to the customer. Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to product development teams, helping to ensure development of highest quality new products.
- Reduces and controls Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) by leading efforts/teams focused on identifying the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for implementing product stops & documenting release criteria.
- Develops and implements product quality plans, documents and systems by creating product specifications, quality specifications, quality plans, risk analysis, FMEAs in conjunction with other product development team members. May be responsible for risk analyses and FMEAs.
- Develops and implements Process Monitoring Systems by identifying critical process steps which could culminate in possible sources of manufacturing defects and devising methods to reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate the cause of defects.
- Collects and analyses Leads Manufacturing process defect data Product/Process improvement efforts (e.g. scrap, nonconforming product, customer complaints) by systematically gathering quality metric data and performing the appropriate analysis method(s) to enhance sustaining product design and new product development
- Creates Quality Tools & Training Materials by applying body of knowledge/expertise and communicating to respective teams.
- Evaluates the adequacy and compliance of systems, operations, and practices against regulation and company documentation. Could serve as auditor of areas of the BSC quality system, such as development and manufacturing, as assigned.
- Responsible for the final Process Monitor Release for products prior to distribution.
- Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
- Planning and Organization: Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Business Relationships and Project Management: Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Higher level Degree/ Level 8 qualification in Engineering/ Quality/ Science with minimum 7 years’ experience in related industry. Ideally 2 years supervision experience.
- Masters Level qualification in Engineering/ Quality/ Science with minimum 5 years’ experience in related industry. Ideally 2 years supervision experience.
For further information on this role in Galway Please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval