Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job ID: JOB-13126
Our client is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the water and wastewater industry including design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
The client believes that people are the core of the business. They know that to build successful creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential. The client are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our growing water and wastewater business in Ireland. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for supporting the Framework Manager & Project Managers across the Project or Projects assigned to you ensuring that the contract is administered in line with company procedures and Framework Contract agreements.
- Represent the company on commercial matters relating to Framework / Project assigned to you
- Support the Framework Manger & Project Mangers for your allocated projects
- Represent the projects in commercial reviews with the client on a monthly basis
- Maintain good working relationship with the client
- Ensure the companies interests are protected under the contract
- Ensure the commercial obligations under the contract agreements are administered in accordance with the contract.
- Produce / review subcontract documents
- Monitor and maintain both company and client KPI’s
- Chair and maintain subcontractor commercial meetings
- Assist in the cost build up and forecasting for projects
- Compile and submit monthly application for Payment to the client as per the contract agreement
- Monitor and challenge change control with the Project Managers
- Carryout commercial Bid Analysis of subcontract / supply prices
- Process monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Preparation of final accounting at the end of the projects
- Support others within the project on commercial and contract matters as required
- Update and manage monthly reporting of cash flow
- Industry applicable Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- 2 years demonstrable experience of medium to large projects within the water industry
- Demonstrable management of change control / variations
- Ability to demonstrate budgetary control
Personal Attributes / Values:
The following are the key personal attributes and values we are looking for;
- An organiser who can coordinate on multiple fronts
- Structured thinker
- Commercial & Contractual Awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a “can do” attitude who can provide support to other members of the team as required
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to Develop & Progress.
- Opportunity to join an ambitious company.
For further information on this Design Manager role in Galway please contact Gavin Moran on +353 87-410-8620 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…