Our client, a leading Medical Device organisation in Galway, are looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their Structural Heart Project on a permanent basis.
This position requires the technical and leadership skills to produce effective solutions to product issues with complex technical requirements while working in a team-oriented environment that embraces change and manages risk.
- Create/develop technical capabilities and expertise related to the design and testing of heart valve technology.
- Promote an innovation mindset, identifies areas for improvement, suggests solutions, and submits patent disclosures.
- Devise strategies for efficient execution of project deliverables and co-ordinate activities of a number of staff in an assigned phase of a development project.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into key information for various stakeholders required.
- Undertakes and successfully completes complex product development tasks including: writing and/or verifying specifications, design verifications and design validations; maintaining product/process documentation; developing test methods.
- Interfaces with Process Development, Design Assurance, Regulatory, Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and possibly physicians.
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers related to materials, manufacturing processes and design
- Support manufacturing and quality groups for improvements to existing products in the areas of quality enhancement, product cost and product performance.
- Understands and complies with complex regulations, including FDA & ISO, governing the quality systems
- Primary Degree in Mechanical, Polymer, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering. An advanced degree is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience preferably in the health care industry and / or equivalent Masters / PhD in relevant discipline.
- Strong R&D/technical experience preferably in the health care industry and capable of handling the development aspect of assigned projects. Prior experience in interventional, vascular or cardiac surgery arena a plus, especially involving prosthetic and catheter-based technologies.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer - Galway please contact Nicola O'Connell on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval