Senior R&D Engineer (Senior Research and Development Engineer) in Galway
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer. Research and Development (Senior R&D, R+D) for their site.
The successful candidate will have research & development/materials science experience and will be capable of utilizing the incumbent's materials expertise and skills in the identification of new product ideas and the successful development of global continence care/bladder related product technologies. The successful candidate will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization and to work with and support the Global Marketing organization for the successful completion of specific objectives.
- Working from basic clinical needs to device concept to prototype development ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Researching new technologies and designing solutions to develop and complement the existing product portfolio
- Providing technical support to NPD, Global Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities.
- Preparing financial reports and/or justifications for financial authorization and effectively communicate same
- Reviewing vendors product offerings to access suitability
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
- Evaluating new technology performance and stability
- Supporting future product introductions
- Accomplishing trial work for new technologies
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent application
Qualifications and Experience
Degree (Honours) in Materials/Polymer Science /or Engineering (Polymer)/Bio Medical or Masters or Ph.D. in a related discipline
Deg+6 years / Masters +3yrs / Ph.D. +2 yrs. relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Good working knowledge of polymer materials including surface modifications and coating technologies
- Innovation/Creative Thinker - must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Experience dealing with medical personnel and reducing feedback to device concepts
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D modeling experience
- Demonstrated advanced analytical problem solving abilities
- Good organization and communications skills
- Good team skills a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Mayo please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
For other similar opportunities such as R&D Technicians, Design Engineers, Research and Development Engineer, Senior R&D, Research and Development Project Management please check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Currently looking for R&D Engineers at all levels for clients in Galway, Mayo, Limerick, Cork and Tipperary.
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval