Telephone: 091 730022
Senior R&D Engineer job in Galway
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their site. The successful candidate will be responsible for product design and development decisions, providing technical input to device development based on fundamental engineering principles.
- Honours degree in Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in all stages of medical device R&D.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs, and translate into technical specifications.
- Generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
- Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
- Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications.
- Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
- Develop and deliver project plans to performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
- Identify and manage of key risks throughout the product lifecycle.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Evaluate and assess physician (user) techniques and develop product training materials.
- Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Behaviours & Skills:
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway or any other Engineering opportunities please contact Jenny Mullery on 091 730022 / email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you - Anthony Cummins, Engineering Recruitment Consultant
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval