Telephone: 086 8395533
Senior R&D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit Snr RD Eng for their site.
At our Research & Development Department we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Senior R&D Engineers are directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures, as part of the R&D team. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the rapidly growing world of Structural Heart where we are a market leader.
R&D seeks an experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialisation of cutting edge structural heart devices. We provide a defined technical career path with ample developmental opportunities to progress to higher levels in the organization.
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- Contribute to resolution technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
- You are familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad biomedical materials and processing knowledge.
- You collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.