Telephone: 086 8395533
Senior R&D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their site.
- Develops products, materials, processes, or equipment for projects of moderate complexity.
- Under supervision, develops, directs, and executes plans for moderately complex projects that may represent segments of a larger, more complex project. Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians.
- Works cooperatively with, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing to ensure project success.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Build quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Executes the functional deliverables associated with the PDP/TDP, Project Management, and Quality Systems.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM’s, Routers, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the engineering print package.
- Writes validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes.
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
- Oversees development builds associated with the project using special work requests.
- B.S. degree in engineering or applicable technical field (mechanical or biomedical preferred)
- 3+ years’ of experience in the medical device industry preferred
- Prefer prior experience in medical device development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical capabilities and project management capability to develop aspects of assigned projects on time and within budget.
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.