Telephone: 086 8395533
Senior R&D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit Senior R&D Engineer for their site.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leading and delivering R&D projects. Overall responsibility for leading a R&D project, including process development and implementation of new equipment/automation. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a cross functional project team and liaising with senior management to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Plan, lead and execute complex projects from prototype through to final validation. Ensures all inputs and requirements are included in project scope to facilitate smooth and timely execution of projects, minimising the risk of project creep or slippage.
- Manage design control activities such as Risk Analysis, Product Specification, Test method and Process Development to successfully bring product through Process & Design Qualifications up to and including Design Transfer.
- Develop and source appropriate technologies and materials for typical medical device assembly processes.
- Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements / best practise.
- Plans, organizes and provides direction to R&D personnel, as required.
- Can build, develop and coach an Engineering team.
- Liaise and work effectively with Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, DA, Operations and other critical functions to form a cohesive project Team ensuring all inputs and requirements are considered,
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Responsibility for initiating budgets and ensuring the projects are carried out within the budgets.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- At least 7 years previous related experience, or which at least 2yrs in a supervising capacity.
- Formal project management training an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Product and Process development, Risk Management, Design Qualification and Regulatory Systems
- Experience in automation, laser applications and new technologies an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Solidworks and / or 3D modeling experience.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities including working knowledge of Statistics and associated tools.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.