Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their site.
The role of Senior R&D Engineer provides guidance in managing and delivering complex acute ischemic stroke projects with significant technical challenges. Overall responsibility for various aspects of new development projects, including process development, design development, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction.
- Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs, and translate into technical specifications.
- Support the management of the direct and cross functional team to deliver on performance, time and cost targets.
- Generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
- Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
- Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications.
- Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
- Develop and deliver project plans to performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
- Identify and manage of key risks throughout the product lifecycle.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Evaluate and assess physician (user) techniques and develop product training materials.
- Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Behaviours & Skills:
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.