Our client, a medical device company in Mayo is currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their site.
The successful candidate will have a technical education with research & development experience and will be capable of utilizing their expertise and skills in the successful development of new products. They will also be capable of leading or contributing to projects to reduce product cost, improve product quality or improve manufacturing process robustness. They will be capable of identifying and investigating new product ideas or technologies and bringing these through a defined technology development process.
The successful candidate will be capable of working collaboratively in a cross functional environment for the successful completion of project goals and will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Representing R&D on New Product Commercialization project teams
- Researching new ideas and technologies/materials and evaluating technology performance and stability
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
- Initiating and managing cost reduction or quality improvement projects.
- Providing technical R&D support to other functions including Global Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities.
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent applications
- Creating relevant design documents including technical reports, drawings, specifications, and test methods
- Degree (Honours) in Mechanical/Biomedical Eng., Materials/Polymer Science
- An advantage to have a Masters or PhD in a related discipline
- Length of experience
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Innovative/Creative Thinker – must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D modeling software
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities
- Good organization and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects including directing the work of others
- Good team working skills and a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.