My leading multinational medical device manufacturing client are recruiting for a Senior R&D Engineer.In the R&D department you will be focusing on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac & Vascular space.
There are presently positions across Coronary and Structural Heart Business Units for Senior R&D Engineers who are directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures, as part of a diverse R&D team.
This companies’ R&D department is seeking an experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialization of cutting-edge devices.
Your responisibilities will include:
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to filter their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to generate feasible designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- Play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts potentially progressing a project from concept phase into commercialization phase
- Contribute to resolution of technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
Key Skills and Experience
- Qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
- Familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad biomedical materials and processing knowledge.
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/