I am searching for a Senior R&D Engineer for my MNC Medical Device manufacturing client to work as part of a team in developing a Delivery Catheter for a Heart Valve Replacement Therapy.
- The role sought is specifically for developing component/product specifications using the Solidworks CAD package.
- The Senior Engineer will guide more junior engineers in best practice component/product design and the most efficient way to navigate through medical device design requirements.
- The Senior Engineer will also work with Component Engineering and R&D Engineering to help identify critical component specifications, set out the specifications such that the suppliers can both measure and conform to the specifications.
- They may also work with the Component Engineer in assessment of component specification validation.
- Previous design control experience is essential in this role, to help navigate sub teams efficiently through the product development process.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor/Masters Degree level in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline is required
- Ideally a minimum of 4ys industrial experience in an Engineering role
- Significant design control knowledge within the medical device industry
- Knowledge of and experience with working with the Solidworks CAD package
- Knowledge of specification development, component dimensioning and tolerancing
- Knowledge of and experience with the Engineering Change order process, ideally in a Medical Device or other highly regulated environment
- Ability to work in cross functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Strong technical communicator
- High attention to detail is critical to this role
- Previous experience in an R&D/Manufacturing Engineering or QA/Component Engineering role in a medical device company is desirable
For further information on this Contract Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.