Senior R&D Engineer Galway
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their site. Our clients' products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. The Structural Heart team in Galway is part of the effort to innovate in key areas and extend our innovations into new geographies and high growth adjacency markets.
The Senior R&D Engineer will be involved within a dynamic New Product Development team working in the fast paced, rapidly changing environment of trans-catheter heart valve therapies.
The successful candidate will be based in Galway and will work within a cross-function team to lead project objectives for the Lotus Valve System, a differentiated sedond-generation TAVI technology.
- Lead and solve complex problems to resolution and solution implementation.
- Create/develop technical capabilities and expertise related to the design and testing of heart valve technology.
- Promote an innovation mind set, identifies areas for improvement, suggests solutions, and submits patent disclosures.
- Devise strategies for efficient execution of project deliverables and co-ordinate activities of a number of staff in an assigned phase of a development project.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into key information for various stakeholders required.
- Provides effective solutions to product issues with complex technical requirements and provide clear and regular technical direction to personnel assigned to a project
- Prepare or direct the preparation of oral and written reports of current status, progress and status of total project, as required by the customer, project or department Management.
- Undertakes and successfully completes complex product development tasks including: writing and/or verifying specifications, design verifications and design validations; maintaining product/process documentation; developing test methods.
- Interfaces with Process Development, Design Assurance, Regulatory, Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and possibly physicians.
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers related to materials, manufacturing processes and design
- Support manufacturing and quality groups for improvements to existing products in the areas of quality enhancement, product cost and product performance.
- Understands and complies with complex regulations, including FDA & ISO, governing the quality systems
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- HETAC Level 8 degree is a must.
- Primary Degree in Mechanical, Polymer, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering. An advanced degree is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience preferably in the health care industry and / or equivalent Masters / PhD in relevant discipline.
- Strong R&D/technical experience preferably in the health care industry and capable of handling the development aspect of assigned projects. Prior experience in interventional, vascular or cardiac surgery arena a plus, especially involving prosthetic and catheter-based technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway, or any other R&D opportunities please contact Bimi Felix on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you - Anthony Cummins, Engineering Recruitment Consultant
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval