Telephone: 091 730022
Senior R&D Engineer (Coatings)
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their site.
Develops and applies advanced scientific knowledge and analytical techniques in the understanding, investigation and development of novel materials & compounds used to provide solution to complex and advanced technical problems on the forefront of new product technologies. Plans and conducts projects or major phases of significant projects to achieve business objectives and Technology breakthroughs particularly in the areas of lubricious device coating.
- Develops and applies advanced scientific knowledge and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems on the forefront of new technologies.
- Plans and executes projects or major phases of significant projects,
- Contributes to the design of new chemical and materials technologies across the companies' medical device portfolio to facilitate increase in current market share and/or breakthrough in to new market segments.
- Designs and develops novel test methods and analytical techniques to investigate and predict performance of polymeric materials, products and technologies
- Generally contributes inventions, new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of specific problems.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Honours Bachelor's Degree in Science or a Master's Degree or a Ph.D with industry related experience is desirable.
- At least 5 years previous related experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently apply analytical skills, complex scientific technical principles, and detailed knowledge in solving engineering problems and developing new products, techniques, or designs.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to Lead a Team and also work effectively as a team member.
- Working knowledge of United States and international Regulatory standards as applicable to the department.
- Scientific Research & Problem Solving
- Test method development & validation
- Inventions/new designs/techniques
- Project Management & Supervision
- Handling of chemicals and knowledge of standard safety practices for chemicals and materials
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Jenny Mullery on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For other similar opportunities such as R&D Technicians, Design Engineers, Research and Development Engineer, Senior R&D, Research and Development Project Management please check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval