Telephone: 087 4108620
Senior R&D Engineer - Polymers
Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer – Polymers for their site.
This is a key role in the R&D group, providing specialist support to product and process development activities while taking a lead role in the investigation and development of platform material technologies.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate should have a mechanical engineering or materials science degree, or similar, with a background in plastics and polymer process technology.
- They should also have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in plastics materials and specialty thermoplastics materials and composites and/or plastics materials conversion processes, especially in micro profiled tubing’s extrusion and thermoforming processes.
- Employees are expected to support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies of including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
- The main function of this role is to support the Product Development activity by identifying and evaluating existing and emerging material technologies that may serve to advance the current state of the art in device design
- Collaborate with key material suppliers to develop specifications, test methods and processing methods to meet product design, quality and cost requirements
- Provide support within the organisation where needed to aid in problem solving or improvement activities. Manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support to production
- Project management using standard methodology
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes
- Process and product validation
- Process / layout design and implementation
- Develop and support related documentation: - ECO generation to introduce changes and maintain DMR documentation
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment
- Jigs and fixture specification and development
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science, ideally with relevant polymer processing experience in the areas of coatings, extrusion or molding
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build products and improve qualities and reduce costs of such processes and products
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout
- Ability to work in an organized fashion
- Attention to detail
- Day-shift operation, but may be required to change working hours or work other shift patterns occasionally as project responsibility dictates
Reporting Relationship & Presence Or Supervisor.
- This position reports directly to the Director of R&D
- Receives limited supervision and works directly from an Engineering project list
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer - Polymers role in Galway Please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.