Senior R&D Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Manager for their site.
At our Research & Development Department, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. The Senior R&D Manager is directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to a diverse R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities supporting the Coronary Structural Heart Business unit.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- You will lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performing engineering team responsible for design and development of next-generation cardiovascular devices.
- You will partner with internal and external experts to maintain and strengthen relevant technical expertise.
- You will grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- You will participate as a member of the Coronary and Renal Denervation leadership team.
- You will lead and ensure achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
- You will contribute to project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
- You will manage high-level engineers, and other managers, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- You will actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- You will collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluate progress of direct reports.
- You will be responsible for managing functional cost center budget and resource allocation.
- You will understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
- You will generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organisational challenges.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees - outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
- We are committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction
- We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
- We are bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change
We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards.
- Sets High Standards
- Instils Operational Excellence
- Drives Accountability
- Models Ethical Behaviour
For further information on this Senior R&D Manager's role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 0868395533/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval