Senior R&D Manager (Meat Specialist) job in Dublin
Our client, a food company in Dublin are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Meat Specialist for their site.
This is great job opportunity for a Senior R&D Meat Specialist in Dublin. The Senior R&D Meat Specialist will be joining a company who are expanding their team in Ireland and Europe.
This job opportunity for a Senior R&D Meat Specialist in Dublin will involve supporting the Commercial team in the development of new products both in-house and from client briefs, will involve trouble shooting process issues that arise with different meat products, identifying the ingredient solution that will work synergistically with the process methodology to remedy the issue in hand.
The role of Senior R&D Meat Specialist will have the following duties:
- Lead R&D projects from initial brief to product completion
- Carry out in-house and external trials were applicable.
- Development of new product ranges for the processed meat sector primarily
- Lead customer presentations (new ideas, sales visits, various issues...)
- Manage and train junior staff
- Documentation of all trial/sample information/specification/costing
- Liaise with suppliers in terms of information and samples
- Support technical sales staff in terms of samples and customer queries
- Drive project completion on time consistently, ensuring All in All creditability remains in high esteem at all times.
- Initiate, manage, and monitor proactive collaborative research studies with external third parties to discover new functional ingredients which will add value to food processing activities.
- The ideal candidate will have a food science degree and 7+ years' experience in a similar role ideally in the processed meat industry.
- Exemplify excellent project management and leadership skills, ensuring projects are executed and completed on time.
- Ability to motivate and ensure the team is challenged at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, keeping all relevant people fully up to speed with project progressions and sample dispatch timings.
- Skillset which exemplifies confidence in meat process knowledge, ensuring high standards of credibility with customers at all times.
- Result driven individual that will be eager to execute a specific task and ensure its successfully completed to a customer's satisfaction.
- Team leader qualities, there are currently 7 members in the R & D team. The reports will include 5 product managers, with a Technical team of 4 members. (Note: The Technical team are led by the Technical Manager)
Roisin McNamara on 035391730022 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval