Senior R&D Meat Technologist
Our client, a leading food company in Dublin are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Meat Technologist for their site.
What will I be doing
- Supporting the Commercial team in the development of new products both in-house and from client briefs, but will involve trouble shooting process issues that arise with different meat products, identifying the ingredient solution that will work synergistically with the process methodology to remedy the issue in hand.
- Our client engage with a lot of clients that manufacture raw and cooked meats, were product quality and productivity output is continually challenged in specific areas such brine injection formulations, process tumbling, optimisation of cooking yields, cooked meat slicing yields, meat drip loss control, shelf life enhancement, texture improvements, colour, flavour, and the application of coating systems for meat products including the application of difference flavoured glazes and require expeirence in the following areas;
- Leading R&D projects from initial brief to product completion
- Carrying out in-house and external trials were applicable.
- Development of new product ranges for the processed meat sector primarily
- Leading customer presentations (new ideas, sales visits, various issues...)
- Manage and train junior staff
- Documentation of all trial/sample information/specification/costing
- Liaise with suppliers in terms of information and samples
- Supporting technical sales staff in terms of samples and customer queries
- Driving project completion on time consistently, ensuring company creditability remains in high esteem at all times.
- Initiating, managing, and monitoring proactive collaborative research studies with external third parties to discover new functional ingredients which will add value to food processing activities.
- Managing all Pilot Plant activities on site.
What do I need
- Food science degree with 5-10 years' experience in a similar role ideally in the processed meat industry.
- Exemplify excellent project management and leadership skills, ensuring projects are executed and completed on time.
- Ability to motivate and ensure the team are challenged at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, keeping all relevant people fully up to speed with project progressions and sample dispatch timings.
- Skillset which exemplifies confidence in meat process knowledge, ensuring high standards of credibility with customers at all times.
- Result driven individual that will be eager to execute a specific task and ensure its successfully completed to a customer's satisfaction.
- Team leader qualities, and good time management skills.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval