- As part of the R&D Engineering team at our facility, the Senior R&D Engineer will lead and be an integral part of a team developing the comapnies portfolio of platform delivery system products.
- This position requires a candidate with significant product development experience in the medical device arena and one who will be comfortable leading and developing a team to develop exciting products.
- She/he will report to the Group Leader, and the position will be based in our facility.
- Lead and be an integral part of the team tasked with the development process from concept generation through to design verification.
- Assist in the development of intellectual property generated by development activities.
- Ensure the application of new and existing technologies to provide the optimum delivery system design.
- Participate in trials with physicians to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Provide technical feedback during frequent technical contact with customers to optimise product design.
- Support the maintenance of product files and other relevant documentation to comply with quality standards.
- Compile project plans and lead the team to develop devices in accordance with planned activities, budget and timelines.
- Level 8 engineering, science or equivalent degree.
- 3 to 8 year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment with a proven track record of leading teams in device development.
- Experience of coordinating and leading Design Reviews and the compilation of associated documentation.
- Leading the team to carry out actions in accordance with the project plan and deliver projects through key milestone phases and associated activities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 & FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Design Control requirements.
- Proven experience of minimally invasive Medical Device design, development and manufacturing.
- Proven experience in leading teams performing FMEA’s, verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes. Knowledge and experience with Medical Device sterilisation processes, specifically gamma and EtO sterilisation.
- Proven experience of work with catheter technology, catheter design and testing and catheter manufacturing a distinct advantage.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE, SPC, and using Minitab.
- 3D modeling experience.
- Working knowledge of biocompatible metal and/or polymer materials.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the required activities and deliverables from each of the development phases.
- Availability to participate in limited traveling to meet with customers to conduct scheduled reviews.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 086 4667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.