Senior R/D Balloon Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior R/D Balloon Engineer for their site.
- At our Research & Development Department in the company, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Senior R&D Engineers are directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures, as part of the R&D team.
- You will be responsible for undertaking specific projects as designated in support of the business and technology activities of the company.
- You will be leading and providing technical support to product and process development with members of multidisciplinary teams through the product development cycle.
- You will represent the company externally with our customers and provide technical support on field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
- You will liaise with other company sites regarding technical issues.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Master's Degree level (L8) in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline with medical device technology experience, ideally in coronary interventional vascular devices.
- You are a dynamic team player with strong leadership skills and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced in managing projects, requiring delegation of work and review of technical development work.
- You are experienced with polymer materials.
- You have processing knowledge, specifically in terms of polymer extrusion and medical device balloon blow moulding.
- You have experience in the design of medical device balloons.
- You are experienced in medical device design procedures and have a proven track record in robust design & development programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and experienced in communicating with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- You are fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval