Senior R&D Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12735
Senior R&D Engineer
Location: Galway Start date: ASAP Top 3 skills: – Qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. – An experienced professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills. Previous biomedical device experience an advantage. – Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to filter their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to generate feasible designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- Play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts potentially progressing a project from concept phase into commercialization phase
- Contribute to resolution of technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
- You are an experienced professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable
- You are someone who loves how and why things work, and you bring this passion to work with you
For further information on R&D Engineering role in Galway please contact Brian Walsh on +353 86 0449371 or email:email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Senior R&D Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12997 Manufacturing Engineer Our client a medical device world leader in Clonmel is recruiting for a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12992 Warehouse Coordinator Galway Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12987 Senior Quality Engineer- Design Assurance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re…