Senior R&D Engineer
Senior R&D Engineer
My multinational medical device manufacturing client whom are ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry; are recruiting a Senior R&D Engineer for their flagship Galway site.
This role is also commutable from Clare, Limerick or Athlone.
As part of the R&D Engineering team you will lead and be an integral part of a team developing the company’s portfolio of platform delivery system products. This position requires a candidate with significant product development experience in the medical device arena and one who will be comfortable leading and developing a team to develop the company’s products.
You will report to the Group Leader, and the position will be based in Galway. The company’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. You will be responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp.
The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
- Lead and be an integral part of the team tasked with the development process from concept generation through to design verification.
- Assist in the development of intellectual property generated by development activities.
- Ensure the application of new and existing technologies to provide the optimum delivery system design.
- Participate in trials with physicians to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Provide technical feedback during frequent technical contact with customers to optimise product design.
- Support the maintenance of product files and other relevant documentation to comply with quality standards.
- Compile project plans and lead team to develop devices in accordance with planned activities, budget and timelines.
What your background should look like:
- Experience in coordinating and leading Design Reviews and the compilation of associated documentation.
- Leading the team to carry out actions in accordance with the project plan and deliver projects through key milestone phases and associated activities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 & FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Design Control requirements.
- Proven experience of minimally invasive Medical Device design, development and manufacturing.
- Proven experience in leading teams performing FMEA’s, verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes. Knowledge and experience with Medical Device sterilisation processes, specifically gamma and EtO sterilisation.
- Proven experience of work with catheter technology, catheter design and testing and catheter manufacturing a distinct advantage.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE, SPC, and using Minitab.
- 3D modelling experience.
- Working knowledge of biocompatible metal and/or polymer materials.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the required activities and deliverables from each of the development phases.
- Availability to participate in limited travelling to meet with customers to conduct scheduled reviews.
- Level 8 engineering, science or equivalent degree.
- 5 to 8 year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment with a proven track record of leading teams in device development.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
For further information on this Senior R&D role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Sustaining Engineer Our client, a leading MNC is recruiting for a Senior Sustaining Engineer for their site in Limerick….
Senior Human Factors Engineer My medical technology client in Limerick are recruiting for a Senior Human Factors Engineer to become…
Senior Systems Engineer Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer…