Senior R&D Engineer
Senior R&D Engineer
My leading multinational medical device manufacturing client are recruiting for a Senior R&D Engineer. In the R&D department you will be focusing on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the brand new Endovenous team.
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent Medtronic while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- Contribute to resolution technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
Key Skills & Experience
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
- You are familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad biomedical materials and processing knowledge.
- You collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur.
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…