Senior R&D Engineer
Senior R&D Engineer
My MNC Medical Device manufacturing client are hiring for a Senior R&D Engineer for their Mayo site
You will be capable of leading or contributing to projects to reduce product cost, improve product quality or improve manufacturing process robustness.
In addition to being capable of identifying and investigating new product ideas or technologies and bringing these through a defined technology development process.
You must be capable of working collaboratively in a cross functional environment for the successful completion of project goals and will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization.
- Representing R&D on New Product Commercialization project teams
- Researching new ideas and technologies/materials and evaluating technology performance and stability
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
- Initiating and managing cost reduction or quality improvement projects
- Providing technical R&D support to other functions including Global Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent applications
- Creating relevant design documents including technical reports, drawings, specifications, and test methods
- Degree (Honors) in Mechanical/Biomedical Eng., Materials/Polymer Science
- An advantage to have a Masters or PhD in a related discipline
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
- Innovative/Creative Thinker – must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D modeling software
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities
- Good organization and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects including directing the work of others
- Good team working skills and a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives
For further information on this Senior R&D Engineer role in Mayo please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Contact: Bimi Felix Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 091730022 Test Engineer Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to…
Senior Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Senior Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. HERO Recruitment is a multi-award…
Senior Firmware Developer Our client, a telecommunications company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Firmware Developer for…