Senior R&D Engineer
Senior R&D Engineer
Job ID: JOB-13258
Senior R&D Engineer (Front End Innovation)
The successful candidate will have research & development experience and will be capable of utilizing their expertise and skills in the identification and development of new product ideas and technologies supporting the growth of the Continence Care business. The successful candidate will be capable of leading and/or supporting projects/cross-functional project teams and be capable of interfacing with colleagues at all levels within the organization.
- Working from basic clinical needs to device concept and prototype development ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Researching new technologies and designing solutions to develop and complement the existing product portfolio.
- Providing technical support to NPD, Global Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Leading or supporting product development cross-functional teams.
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities.
- Preparing financial reports and/or justifications for financial authorization and effectively communicate same
- Reviewing vendors product offerings to access suitability
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
- Evaluating new technology performance and stability.
- Supporting future product introductions.
- Accomplishing trial work for new technologies.
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent application.
- An honours Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is required.
- Masters or PhD in a related discipline is preferred.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
Length of experience
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Innovation/Creative Thinker – must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Experience dealing with medical personnel and reducing feedback to device concepts
- Demonstrated advanced analytical problem solving abilities
- Good organization and communications skills
- Good team skills a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project
- Product design and prototype development experience
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D modeling experience (Preferred)
For further information on this role in Mayo please contact Johanne Kennedy on 0864403725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Senior R&D Engineer
|mobile||+353 86 440 37 25|
|linkedIn profile||click here|
Global Lean Leader – Senior Manager
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13520 Global Lean Leader – Senior Manager Global role with 30% travel and can be based…
Associate Quality Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13519 We are looking to speak with experience Quality Engineers about this great new job opportunity…
Process Development Engineer III
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13510 The Process Development Engineer III based in Limerick focuses on developing processes for manufacturing device…