Senior R&D Manager
Job ID: JOB-11977
Senior R&D Manager:
Our client a leading medical device company is recruiting for a Senior R&D Manager in their Galway site. This role is commutable from Clare and Mayo.
- Lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performing engineering team responsible for design and development of pioneering medical devices and procedures.
- Participate as a member of the R&D leadership team.
- As part of the leadership team you will participate in the ongoing development and scaling of the organization in line with business demands and ensure that we have the competencies in place to deliver predictable outcomes.
- Partner with internal and external experts to maintain and strengthen relevant clinical and technical expertise and to contribute to strategic planning for the R&D organization and within your area.
- Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- Support and ensure achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
- Contribute to project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
- Manage high-level engineers, and other managers, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluate progress of direct reports.
- Responsible for managing functional cost centre budget and resource allocation.
- Understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
- Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within a similar environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on a global team.
- Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…