Senior R&D Scientist
Job ID: JOB-12455
Finding the right company that aligns with your career aspirations and values is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Senior R&D Scientist job opportunity located in Limerick is one of those stand out positions that don’t come along every day.
Let us tell you more…
The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. Our client is looking for amazing, passionate, and dedicated people like you.
Our client, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join their new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
This company’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of the team, you will be at the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions, and systems to help others. The new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting-edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. You are the one who can make a difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in R&D Science
Our client is looking for a highly talented Senior R&D Scientist who will be responsible for the development and evaluation of new reagents, enhancements to existing reagents, and reagent systems to enable flow cytometry applications. Recommending design direction and methodology for reagent components. Using independent judgment to adapt and modify standard reagent development techniques to solve difficult reagent challenges. Execute experiments independently and evaluate, discuss, present, and explain the material of moderate to high complexity. Write and review protocols. Work under general direction, but independently determine and define an approach to solutions.
Be the Senior Scientist:
- Designs and development of new reagent systems and assays using creative solutions.
- Investigates and supports the development of new methods and technologies.
- Assessing viability and feasibility of new reagent assays & workflows.
- May serve as the technical lead scientist on a project.
- Prepares protocols, technical reports, and summaries.
- Tabulates and analyzes experimental data of moderate to high complexity.
- Presents data at group meetings and Technical Reviews. May present data at national scientific meetings.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Develops knowledge of BDB Cell Analysis products through training, use, and competitor analysis.
- Transfer of new reagent systems and assays with proper process development into Operations.
- May provide training and mentoring to junior staff.
- Participates in functional and cross-functional training to advance technical capabilities.
- Participates in training on regulatory issues affecting reagent development.
- Works under general direction with minimal supervision.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a biological science discipline such as Immunology, Cell Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or another relevant scientific subject with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience researching and applying scientific principles to create new or optimize existing laboratory procedures, with a focus on hematology, immunology, and/or molecular genetics
- Proven problem-solving capabilities and leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with others in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience performing statistical analysis and interpreting experimental results
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to novel or complex applications
- Ability to critically evaluate proposed study designs with basic knowledge of statistics, the calculation of sample sizes, and/or estimation of statistical power
- Ability to train bench-level personnel at multiple levels of education and/or expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet technical objectives and solve challenges under conditions of ambiguity and rapid change
- Experience handling and processing blood samples in a Biosafety Level 2 laboratory using universal precautions
- A higher degree in Cellular Immunology or a related scientific area is desirable.
- Experience working on new product development within a regulated medical device industry with knowledge or experience in FDA submissions
- Familiar with accreditation and guiding agencies for the clinical laboratory including CLSI, including experience in audits conducted by accrediting bodies.
- Knowledge or experience with flow cytometry, applications, and customer workflows
For further information on this role in please contact Shannon McCrossan on 086 816 8273 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…