Senior Report Developer & Data Analyst
Our client, a financial services company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Report Developer & Data Analyst for their site.
The Report Developer & Data Analyst role is a key role in supporting IT Payment solutions and projects to deliver reporting functionality for internal and externals customers. As the Report Developer & Data Analyst you will work on the analysis, design, development and implementation of the Group reporting solutions in Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft SQL Server databases. This role includes responsibilities as system owner of the SSRS reporting infrastructure and full report set. This role will work closely with internal Payments technical and business teams to ensure reporting deliverables fully meet business requirements.
This role is undertaken by delivering a consistently high level of service in line with company policies and procedures and in keeping with the Company's mission, vision and 5 year strategy.
Key Result Area (Kra's)
- Work closely with Business and IT teams to gather and document report requirements
- Analysis, design, development and maintenance of reporting solutions within scope.
- Professional design and development of report solutions using Microsoft Reporting Services platform (SSRS) and Microsoft SQl databases.
- Responsibility as system owner of the SSRS reporting infrastructure and full report set.
- Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective. Being able to estimate, prioritise and manage multiple tasks via the company release process
- Conduct report and integration testing ensuring that report solutiuons are of high quality with adequate error checking and testing.
- Work closely with users groups and QA team to ensure quality standards are met.
- Proactively work with technical teams to analyse and re-solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks. Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment.
- Taking ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues.
- Follow company internal processes and tools for logging and tracking of issues. Whilst keeping customers informed at all times as regard to status.
- Adherence to company IT best practices and policies at all times.
- Train new and junior team members when required.
- Participate fully in the Company's Performance Management Process.
Education & Experience
- Must have 5+ years' experience working in an IT environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge working in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Must have working knowledge working in Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- Extensive Knowledge of writing complicated and efficient SQL functions is essential.
- Extensive experience creating professional grade reporting solutions
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Highly organised with ability to multi task on multiple reporting project assignments.
- Must have experience developing unit tests and data reconciliation processes.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required.
- Preferred skills/experience, but not essential
- Experience in the card industry and/or financial payment domains.
- Prior experience of managing a reporting infrastructure.
- Prior knowledge of data mining, BI techniques or data cube concepts.
- Team leadership experience an advantage.
- Must be a quick learner and natural developer who can "hit the ground running" and pick up new skills and technologies at ease.
- Must be able to participate in formal & informal discussions and translate into reporting enhancement opportunities.
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company.
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic environment with defined deadlines.
- Must be a good verbal communicator both face to face and over the telephone.
- Must have passion for delivering state of the art applications.
- Must have proven problem solving skills.
- Must be able to learn and teach.
For further information on this Senior Report Developer & Data Analyst role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval