Our client, a medical device company in Mayo is currently looking to recruit Senior Research & Technology Development Scientist for their site.
The successful candidate will have deep materials science experience and will be capable of utilising the incumbent’s materials expertise and skills in the identification of new product ideas and the successful development of global continence care related product technologies. They will also have a deep understanding of polymers and polymer coating chemistry. The successful candidate will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organisation and to work with and support the Marketing organization for the successful completion of specific objectives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying material development opportunities and leading technology development projects. Technology development projects involve translate customer needs into technology requirements that are then matched with viable solutions which are proven to be viable.
- Researching new technologies and developing them into solutions that drive new product platforms.
- Is the subject matter expert in polymers and polymer coatings from both a product design and process perspective?
- Providing technical support to New Product Development, Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities.
- Preparing financial reports and/or justifications for financial authorisation and effectively communicate same
- Reviewing Vendors product offerings to access suitability.
- Technical Responsibilities:
- Leading and driving technology development projects both as an individual contributor and as a project team leader.
- Identifying and Developing new technologies.
- Managing of timelines, budget and performance expectations for assigned technology development projects.
- Ensure the successful implementation of new technologies into commercial products.
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent application
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of Degree (Honors) in Chemistry or Materials/Polymer Science. A Masters or PhD in Chemistry or Material/Polymer Science is a distinct advantage.
- Deg+6 years / Masters +5yrs / PhD +3 yrs. relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
- Deep knowledge of polymer materials including surface modifications and coating technologies
- Innovation/Creative Thinker – must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Experience dealing with medical personnel and reducing feedback to device concepts
- Demonstrated advanced analytical problem solving abilities
- Good organisation and communications skills
- Good team skills a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project
Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives
For further information on this Senior Research & Technology Development Scientist
in Mayo please contact Orla Crowley Healy on 086 0449473 / Talent@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.