Our client a medical device company in Limerick is looking to hire a Senior Scientist for their site.
We are looking for a highly talented Senior R&D Scientist who will be responsible for development and evaluation of new reagents, enhancements to existing reagents and reagent systems to enable flow cytometry applications. Recommending design direction and methodology for reagent components. Using independent judgment to adapt and modify standard reagent development techniques to solve difficult reagent challenges. Execute experiments independently and evaluate, discuss, present and explain material of moderate to high complexity. Write and review protocols. Work under general direction, but independently determine and define approach to solutions.
- Assessing viability and feasibility of new reagent systems and assays.
- Designs and development of new reagent systems and assays using creative solutions.
- Transfer of new reagent systems and assays with proper process development into Operations.
- Investigates and supports development of new methods and technologies.
- Prepares protocols, technical reports, and summaries.
- Tabulates and analyzes experimental data of moderate to high complexity.
- Presents data at group meetings and Technical Reviews.
- May present data at national scientific meetings.
- May serve as the technical lead scientist on a project.
- Provides problem solving capabilities to difficult problems.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions may cause delays in program schedules.
- Develops knowledge of Cell Analysis products through training, use and competitor analysis.
- Continues pursuit of cell analysis knowledge through seminars and webinars.
- May provide training and mentoring to junior staff.
- Participates in functional and cross-functional training to advance technical capabilities.
- Participates in training on regulatory issues affecting reagent development.
- Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of supervisor.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Offers recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
- Participates in Environmental Health & Safety programs.
- Participates in addressing corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified.
- Notifies supervisor of all observed unsafe work practices.
- Works under general direction with minimal supervision.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a biological science discipline such as Immunology, Cell Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science or another relevant scientific subject
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience researching and applying scientific principles to create new or optimize existing laboratory procedures, with a focus hematology, immunology, and/or molecular genetics
- Hands on Flow Cytometry Experience
- Experience performing statistical analysis and interpreting experimental results
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to novel or complex applications
- Ability to critically evaluate proposed study designs with basic knowledge of statistics, the calculation of sample sizes and/or estimation of statistical power
- Ability to train bench-level personnel at multiple levels of education and/or expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with others in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet technical objectives and solve challenges under conditions of ambiguity and rapid change
- Experience handling and processing blood samples in a Biosafety Level 2 laboratory using universal precautions
- Higher degree in Cellular Immunology is preferred.
- Experience working within a regulated medical device industry with knowledge or experience in FDA submissions
- Familiar with accreditation and guiding agencies for the clinical laboratory including CLSI, including experience in audits conducted by accrediting bodies.
- Knowledge or experience with flow cytometry, applications, and customer workflows
For further information on this Senior Scientist - Reagent & Assay Development role in Limerick please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.