Principle R&D Engineer - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D Engineer for their site in Cork for an 18 month contract.
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors
- Assume the role of technical mentor for engineers in the function
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians.
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing to ensure project success.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Build quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Fully participates in and successfully contributes to project teams typically including the following activities: product design and development, materials and/or product testing, preparation of specifications, process capability studies, research investigations (animal and clinical studies), protocol and report preparation.
- Invents/ creates concepts and designs for new products/processes, and submits idea disclosures.
- The process development engineer works on Neurovascular new product projects with the goal of designing and developing capable manufacturing processes from product concept into product commercialization.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM’s, Routers, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
- Oversees development builds associated with the project using special work requests.
Qualifications and Experience necessary:
- B.S. degree in engineering or applicable technical field (mechanical or polymer preferred) with 8 or more years experience. Related Master’s with 4 + years experience.
- Broad based business experience in high performance multi-national enterprise, at least 3 years of which has been spent in operations and/or technical leadership level in Medical Device or other highly regulated industries.
- Strong analytical ability with a high aptitude for understanding systems, gathering data and performing research.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical capabilities and project management capability to develop aspects of assigned projects on time and within budget.
For further information on this R&D Manufacturing Engineer in Cork please contact Caroline on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval