Our client, a telecommunications company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Software Developer for their site.
- Opportunity to work in a Global Company that utilises IOT, Big Data and Bluetooth to drive innovation throughout their product range. Company deals with Firmware, Server, database, front end development and mobile Apps. Dynamic environment using AGILE methodologies that promotes collaboration between different development teams.
- Full stack engineer with 5+ years Java software development experience.
- System uses Tomcat, JBoss (Wildfly) and micro services applications on a MS SQL environment.
- Strong software design skills with a deep understanding of OO programming fundamentals and design patterns
- Experience developing highly scalable software solutions for high volume platforms
- Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Experience of applying unit testing techniques using frameworks.
- AGILE SCRUM work environment.
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- Performance analysis/tuning experience is desirable
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Team lead
- Designing and developing features in a highly scalable environment to high standards.
- Working with customer, project and product managers to design solution.
- Building for high volume platforms: linking users worldwide at the same time.
- Get involved in recommending, evaluating and implementing the best solutions.
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities. Help to define and drive strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Creation and review of user stories and tasks within the Agile Development model.
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology.
- Help to define and drive development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and autonomy are essential.
For further information on this Senior Software Developer role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.