Senior Software Engineer
About your role
As part of a cross functional project team the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for defining, determining, and conveying critical design factors and system/technical architecture for products and systems. As part of a newly forming team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Design, develop and document software products.
- Build unit tests to and API tests to automate the software testing.
- Research, recommend, estimate, prototype and initiate the development of products, methodologies, and technologies.
- Work with Project Manager /Product Owner to establish project milestones, timelines, drive estimation and priorities.
- Implement designs for new and enhancements for existing software products.
- Recommend design direction or modifications of software system components.
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within the software application including device communication, business and user interface layers.
- Collaborate in requirements definition and establishing software specifications.
- Understand how the software application operates, is structured, and how customers use it.
- Conduct code inspections and technical reviews.
- Research solutions to technical problems.
- Mentor other software developers to create high quality, robust software.
- Monitor work progress against schedule commitments, reports progress to leadership in a timely fashion, including when work will not be completed according to schedule milestones.
- Follow agile development process.
- Whilst it is not essential that you have experience within the Medical Devices industry, this, or exposure to developing User Interfaces in WPF and working on software for IVD instrumentation would be highly desirable. You should have a clear understanding of software development engineering preferably within a highly-regulated environment. Experience of the design and implementation of complex windows desktop applications would be highly desirable.
- You must hold a relevant degree, or equivalent, and exhibit core experience of Object Oriented Design, Object Oriented Programming and C#/.NET.
- Ideally you will be a self-motivated, independent, results oriented individual who thrives within a team. You should be a problem solver and demonstrate a positive and professional outlook. Someone who has an excellent work ethic and commitment to achieving project goals would be well suited to this position.
For further information on this Senior Software Engineer role in Limerick please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval