Telephone: 086 1070950
Senior Software Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer for their site.
- Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Supervises and manages Software Engineers within the software team.
- Provide architectural leadership for effective equipment based solutions in a manufacturing environment.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Ensures Equipment requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Determines project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and/or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the deliverables of other Engineers.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Drafts and Review Design and Compliance documentation.
- Develops robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Work closely and proactively with Equipment Engineering groups at other site locations to support equipment transfers.
- Minimum Years of Proven Experience on a similar role: 6+
- Minimum qualification level (Irish NFQ or equivalent): Level 8 - Honours Bachelour Degree
Job Required Skills (Proven experience required) :
- VB.Net C#
- SQL Server/Database Design
- Equipment Machine/hardware integration
- Software change management
- Motion Control
Job Extended Skills (these Skills are not Required but will be considered) :
- VB 6
- Vision Development
- Web application development
For further information on this Senior Software Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.