Our client, a technology company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer for their site.
To pursue our mission of “helping clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology”, we are looking for a senior developer to help us develop and deliver business critical projects for our customers using agile methodologies.
Reporting into one of our technical leads, this will be a key hands-on software delivery role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our technical leads, architects, business analysts and scrum masters. As a senior software engineer, you will primarily be responsible for converting customer requirements into high-quality code. As this will involve close, daily interaction within the context of an agile team, your communication and people skills will need to be superb. If you are passionate about using best-in-class practices to produce high-quality code, then you are the right person for this job.
This role will provide a huge learning opportunity for the right candidate and would be an ideal next step for a developer looking to take their career to the next level.
- Actively contribute to an agile mindset and a positive working environment within the team.
- Actively participate in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
- Actively contribute to high standards of code quality personally and within the team by utilising and contributing to best-in-class development practices and habits.
- Coach and mentor less experienced developers on design patterns and development best-practices to support continued development of the team.
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Ability to communicate and solve complex problems and actively participate and contribute to continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrate to other team members a proactive approach to “getting things done”, accountability & ownership and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Collaborate effectively with our business analysts, scrum masters and technical leads to assist in the planning, designing, development, testing, and maintenance of our client’s web-based applications.
- Development of complex and challenging client applications with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Play a key role in providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
- Production of solution design documentation in line with company standards.
- Participate actively and contribute to both great solution design and peer-to-peer code reviews.
- Champion code quality processes and help drive adoption of same within the team.
- Perform 3rd line support diagnosing and resolving technical engineering issues, as required.
- Provide feedback and solutions in relation to application performance considerations or usability issues during design and implementation.
- Provide assistance to quality engineers and support personnel as needed to troubleshoot production issues.
- Provide recommendations concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development practices.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
- Strong experience (5+ years) with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns and SOLID principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Extensive experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization.
- Experience with building and managing distributed web systems.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing.
- Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a client-facing role.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
For further information on this Senior Software Engineer role in Limerick please contact Karl on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval