Senior Software Engineer C#
Job ID: JOB-12482
Senior Software Engineer C#
Our client, a medical device company is currently looking to recruit a senior software developer for their site on a contract basis
To assist the Equipment Engineering department to develop new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and develops complex manufacturing and test equipment.
- Develop robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
- Database design, development, monitoring and SQL script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with customers in defining system requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Work closely with both internal and external specialists and vendors to complete equipment related projects.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
- Develop detailed project plans and manage projects to completion.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of engineers.
- Proactively drive innovation and integration of new technologies into development strategies for the software team.
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 6+ years in software development with experience and a thorough knowledge in the following: VB.Net, C#, VB 6, SQL Server, software testing, version and change management software.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation server and associated build processes.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11 experience an advantage.
- Machine or device control design experience.
- Good working knowledge on the use of vision systems and associated tools desirable.
- Excellent communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in Automation Testing with strong knowledge of testing lifecycle and principles.
For further information on this software role in Galway please contact Michael on 086 4403742/ Hire@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12718 Senior Supply Chain Planner We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12646 Quality Team Lead Take a look at this excellent opportunity with our…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12619 Packaging Engineering Manager Permanent position Galway Exciting new role for a Packaging Engineering Manager to join one of…