Telephone: 086 1070950
Senior Software Engineer (Instruments)
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick is currently looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer (Instruments) for their site.
Be the Senior Software Engineer (Instruments)
- Apply your software engineering prowess to development of complex electro/mechanical instruments.
- Innovate at all levels of our products, from instrument control, management and performance to new instrument applications and product security, all in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Be capable of working independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components, and also have the capacity to mentor others including presenting/participating in design reviews and code inspections
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Adhere to all Life Sciences development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- A strong understanding of software design and systems & architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in:
- Advanced knowledge of C#/.NET
- Proficient in Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
- Proficient in GUI programming using WinForms (Windows Forms)
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422) and TCP/IP and socket development
- Experience developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development or robotics or motion control or sensors
- Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage
- GUI programming using WPF
- Profiling and throughput optimization
- Experience with Windows Embedded
- Experience with WCF
- Experience with ADO.NET and/or Entity Framework
- Experience with Report generation components (ActiveReports, ComponentOne, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
For further information on this Senior Software Engineer (Instruments) role in Limerick please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.