|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Senior Software Engineer – Machine Vision
Job ID: JOB-11289
Senior Software Engineer – Machine Vision
Our medical device client based in Galway, is seeking an engineer with experience in Deep Learning applied to Machine Vision for Automated inspections.
- TensorFlow 2+
- C# or VB.NET or similar.
- Machine Learning Tools – Amazon Web Services using SageMaker preferred.
- SQL Server / Database Design, T-SQL.
- Equipment Machine/hardware integration.
- 6+ years experience
- Level 8 – Honours Bachelor Degree
Keywords: Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Automation, .Net, C#, Industry 4.0, VIDi, Cognex, TensorFlow, Equipment. SQL, AWS.
Job Duties: Participates and Leads the use of lean and Continuous Improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Provide architectural leadership and problem solving to enable equipment technology innovation.
- Work closely with the customer to understand equipment and data requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Generate quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded business systems.
- Ensures equipment and business requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
- Determine project schedules and work with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Manages projects and/or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the deliverables of other Engineers.
- Leads and/or participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Drafts and review Design and Compliance Quality System documentation.
- Develops robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing and business applications.
- Cloud Database design, development, monitoring and script authoring.
- Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment and business systems.
- Write detailed functional design requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release and validation support.
- Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning functionality to customer requirements. Specific to the role:
- Define, implement and maintain architectures to retrieve, archive and analyse manufacturing data.
- Lead, investigate and implement new technologies and tools for manufacturing and non-manufacturing data blending and visualisation.
- Develop, validate and deploy machine learning models using deep learning, non-parametric and parametric modelling techniques in order to make real-time predictions and/or automate human-like in-process inspections.
Working with Equipment Engineering, the successful candidate will assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating on the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Automated Equipment as well as Upgrades to existing systems. In addition to these core tasks, the successful candidate will also work with our manufacturing partners on our Digital Factory initiatives in line with Industry 4.0-Smart Factory strategies. The application of digital innovation offers the opportunity to deliver smart manufacturing machines and to optimise production systems. The successful candidate will also assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating on the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades.
Job Extended Skills (these Skills are not Required but will be considered)
- VB 6
- Cognex VisionPro, Cognex VIDi
- OSIsoft PI or other Historian solutions.
For further information on this Software role in Galway please contact Dee on 086 7902191/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11624 Senior Network Operations Engineer Our client, a telecoms company is currently looking to recruit a Senior Network…
Job ID: JOB-11632 Automation & Controls Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ballina are looking to…
Job ID: JOB-11631 Senior Financial Accountant Our client a large pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to…