Telephone: 086 1070950
Senior Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Our client, a technology company in Co Down are currently looking to recruit a Senior Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer for their site.
Working closely with software development teams the candidate will be responsible for both manual and automated testing of cross-platform applications for content creation, streaming and playback. We develop 3D audio content creation applications used by major studios worldwide. These tools enable cutting edge audio creation for cinema and home entertainment. This role offers a unique opportunity to get hands on experience working with a world class team. We are looking for a candidate who has strong automation skills, who is well organised and is seeking a challenge.
- Define test automation strategy for product suite.
- Develop test automation scripts and test framework.
- Create and execute functional test strategies and plans for cross-platform apps.
- Implement regression/cross-platform test suites for UI applications and CLI tools.
- Integrate test suites / framework into continuous integration build system.
- Liaise with development team, product architects, certification group to ensure products are tested to the highest standards.
- Review technical documentation and correspondence.
- Increase test automation expertise in the SQA team, mentor other team members.
- BSc in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of study required.
- Over 6+ years’ experience in software quality assurance and test automation.
- Demonstrable programming skills in scripting with shell, bash, python or equivalent
- Experience of setting up and testing virtualised environments, Docker containers etc.
- Software lifecycle and release management experience
- Experience with at least two of Windows, Linux, Mac, and Cygwin environments.
- Experience in GUI test automation desirable
- Familiarity with distributed source control management (Git, Mercurial etc.)
- Experience of Jenkins continuous integration build, issue trackers (Jira, etc.) etc.
- Experience with cross-compiler tools, Visual Studio and the GNU toolchain.
- Familiarity with audio testing and DSP knowledge.
- Ability to evaluate test tools and make recommendations for usage across the team.
- Android and iOS experience an advantage.
- Experience of using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit
- Strong teamwork and project skills, ensuring open communication channels across distributed engineering and business teams
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision
For further information on this Senior Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
role in Co Down please contact Karl on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval