Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Software Test Engineer for their site.
Senior Software Test Engineer
About your role
The Senior Software Test Engineer will have the opportunity to use their independent judgement to assess project test status and product acceptance. You will be involved in key technical decisions and lead small to medium Software Quality Engineering teams. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Determines scope of work for complex tasks and establishes project test schedules. Responsible for ensuring team adheres to project test schedules.
- Responsible for establishing and documenting software project test strategies and techniques in a Test Plan. Responsible for translating requirements for complex software systems into traceable test suite documentation including: Test Designs, Test Procedures, Automated Test Scripts or code.
- Responsible for executing Test Procedures, automated test scripts and code, exploratory testing both on the instrument and in a simulated environment, submitting clear and concise defect reports, regressing defect corrections, and entering requests for change to improve the usability of the product.
- Participates in code inspections, technical reviews, and design reviews.
- Works proactively with staff from Systems Verification and Validation to determine the best strategy for project test coverage.
- Presents project test data at project review meetings, and presents product acceptance determination. Communicates project test status, progress, problems and changes to program as well as functional management. Recommends options to resolve testing issues.
- Participates in defect reviews.
- Develops knowledge of products through training and use. Contributes to the advancement of process capability for software quality engineering. Leads brainstorming sessions for software quality engineering process improvements, identifies specific improvement options, and presents to management. Writes/revises Desk Procedures, with appropriate reviews and approvals. Recommends innovations and improved methods, and tools. Recommends and participates in functional training to advance the capabilities of the group.
- Provides technical guidance and instruction to less senior technical staff.
- Whilst it is not essential that you have experience within the Medical Devices industry, this, or exposure to instrumentation or automation tools would be highly desirable.
- You must have direct technical experience in software quality engineering and possess leadership experience.
- You should hold a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and demonstrate effective implementation of testing methodologies, process improvements, productivity improvements, and applied software testing practices.
- This role is ideal for someone who is process-orientated, analytical and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
For further information on this Senior Software Test Engineer role in Limerick please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval