Our client who are a leading medical device company in Cork are seeking an experience sourcing manager to join their growing team
What will I be doing?
- Lead a team of sourcing managers to drive supplier strategy toward aggressive cost improvement and performance targets
- Influence the organization across departments to support the Commodity and/or CM / OEM strategy and make sound decisions on supplier strategy and business development direction
- Management responsibilities include setting structure for the sourcing organization, identifying appropriate talent, developing job descriptions, objectives, Key Performance Indicators and performance goals.
- Partner across departments/divisions to implement consistent global sourcing strategy and processes. Responsibilities include: Supplier and market analysis, Cost modeling, Supplier negotiations, Contract management, Supplier performance management, Supplier Selection, and Commodity Strategy
- Support companywide initiatives to develop and implement decision support and data systems to enhance supply chain decision making and performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated peer leadership and influence at a senior management level.
- Responsible for guiding teams in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to optimize the supply chain through partnering with best in class suppliers that exceed requirements in terms of quality, service and cost.
- Serves as escalation path and advisor for supplier management issues related to Commodities or CM/OEM Management.
- Teams with process partners to ensure alignment of goals, strategies, and initiatives.
What do I need?
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Mgt, Engineering, Finance or similar
- 10+ years of experience in Operations and/or Quality functions.
- Supply Chain and/or Medical Device quality certifications or training is desired.
- Experience developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial contracts to include: supply and quality agreements (QAA).
- Experience managing commodities and/or strategic sourcing teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead and influence across multiple departments and levels
- Financial analysis and negotiation skills required at complex levels
- Strategic analysis skills required.
- Understanding of procurement strategy and commodity management in a manufacturing environment.
For further information on this Sourcing Manager role in Cork please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval