Telephone: 086 0449371
Senior Sourcing Specialist
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Sourcing Specialist for their site.
Why this role
- Leading medical device company in Galway
- Competitve salary and benefits and guaranteed bonus
- Fun, multicultural environment
- Fast career progression
What will I be doing
- Developing and executing optimal Procurement & Sourcing strategies through the selection, development and management of supplier relationships.
- Drive procurement/supplier initiatives to meet overall supply requirements whilst implementing sustainable cost reduction & service improvements.
- Develop and lead the implemented of Procurement & Sourcing Strategies, resulting in a strong supply base that continuously creates a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop Annual Sourcing Business Plans that will reflect year-over-year cost reductions, quality enhancements and overall continuous improvement.
- Provides strategic influence while building value-adding relationships with key suppliers and internal customer groups by applying advanced knowledge of purchasing principles, practices, tools and technology.
- Develop, implement and manage processes for supply-related problem resolution.
- Is instrumental in the development of all Commodity Strategies for assigned Sub-Commodities and Suppliers within Plastic, Resin & Chemicals & Packaging Commodity.
- Identifies and works closely with Supplier Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Sire Ops Purchasing, individuals from other divisions/plants as well as wider the Global Sourcing Organisation to identify and execute Value Improvement & Cost Reduction opportunities.
- Optimize the sourcing and procurement processes. They will benchmark best practices externally & internally and apply Lean concepts, supported by analytics, to design and implement optimally effective processes.
- Reviews, assesses and maintains a base line costing model for the key spend items in each commodity that is aligned with the strategic direction of the function or commodity and continually identifies and refreshes the model based on market dynamics.
- Supports the creation, approval, and implementation of new company-wide policies. Works with Management to implement trending, monitoring and enforcement mechanisms.
- Identifies, implements, and supports enabling technologies throughout the entire requisition to payment process.
- Leads contract negotiations, contract management, and vendor management activities such as strategic reviews and site visits.
- Introduces new technology, new materials and/or new suppliers to the company. Identifies "best in class" suppliers.
- Conduct Strategic Business Reviews with Key suppliers
- Evaluate in-sourcing / outsourcing opportunities.
- Optimize the number of suppliers on the AVL
- Identify opportunities to mitigate or reduce against risk in the supply chain.
What do I need
- Minimum of 6 years Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Hetac Level 8 degree in relevant field.
For further information on this Senior Sourcing Specialist role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval