Our client, a Med Device company in Tipperary is currently looking to recruit a Senior Sourcing Specialist for their site.
- Develop and lead the implemented of Procurement & Sourcing Strategies, resulting in a strong supply base that continuously creates a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop Annual Sourcing Business Plans that will reflect year-over-year cost reductions, quality enhancements and overall continuous improvement.
- Provides strategic influence while building value-adding relationships with key suppliers and internal customer groups by applying advanced knowledge of purchasing principles, practices, tools and technology.
- Develop, implement and manage processes for supply-related problem resolution.
- Is instrumental in the development of all Commodity Strategies for the Clonmel site.
- Identifies and works closely with Vendor Engineering, Buyers, and Procurement Manager, Global Sourcing and individuals from other divisions/plants to identifying and executing Cost Reduction opportunities.
- Optimize the sourcing and procurement processes. They will benchmark best practices externally & internally and apply Lean concepts, supported by analytics, to design and implement optimally effective processes.
- Reviews, assesses and maintains a base line costing model for the key spend items in each commodity that is aligned with the strategic direction of the function or commodity and continually identifies and refreshes the model based on market dynamics.
- Supports the creation, approval, and implementation of new company-wide policies. Works with Management to implement trending, monitoring and enforcement mechanisms.
- Identifies, implements, and supports enabling technologies throughout the entire requisition to payment process.
- Leads contract negotiations, contract management, and vendor management activities such as strategic reviews and site visits.
- Introduces new technology, new materials and/or new suppliers to BSC. Identifies “best in class” suppliers.
- Conduct Strategic Business Reviews with Key suppliers
- Evaluate in-sourcing / outsourcing opportunities.
- Optimize the number of suppliers on the AVL
- Identify opportunities to mitigate or reduce against risk in the supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management
- Proven quantitative abilities e.g. cost modeling, data analysis
- Experience managing optimal supplier contracts and negotiating value improvements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Advanced project management and/or cross functional team leadership experience
- MBA degree preferred
- Medical device experience preferred
For further information on this Senior Sourcing Specialist role in Tipperary please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.