Senior Sourcing Specialist
Job ID: JOB-11791
Senior Sourcing Specialist I
Our client, a leading medical device company, based in Cork, are currently looking for a Senior Sourcing Specialist I. As part of this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing optimal commodity & sourcing strategies for the metals team. You will also be required to establish & enhance Supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain. As a Senior Sourcing Specialist you will be collaborating with internal stakeholders and aligning on optimal sourcing strategies to develop and implement one common Commodity Strategy for the assigned category. Responsible for developing a Supplier Database that identifies and categorizes potential suppliers by commodity and region to increase the value proposition and reduce TCO.
- Provide strategic influence while building value-add relationships with engaged 3rd party suppliers and internal stakeholders to increase sourcing efficiency.
- Promote and works towards balanced continuous value improvement for all aspects of quality, service, and cost with assigned supply base.
- Manage supplier performance and identify Value Improvement Program’s to improve TCO accordingly.
- Ensure optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure to ensure maximum value is realised.
- Negotiate value improvements and manages optimal supplier contracts.
- Assist in the Supplier Stratification activities and develops capability roadmaps with Supplier Engineering and Commodity Management as part of the Commodity Strategy.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships in line with the Commodity Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier..
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Establish early, new supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System, and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
- Gather Market Intelligence and trends for the Commodity and Sub-Commodities.
- Define, build, and plan alignment on Commodity Strategy for assigned commodity.
- Identify risks within the commodity and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Lead R&D communications related to the Commodity and facilitates the identification and evaluation of new materials or technologies to cover current and potential future requirements.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Identify all suitable suppliers per commodity and region per sample RFQ and develops comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Work closely with and engages on proactive information sharing with other Global Sourcing Team Members to optimize supply base.
- Develop Should-Cost Models for major sub-commodities.
- Analyse data and develops tools to manage the Commodity.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering degree preferred and/or technical experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- MBA degree- preferred.
- Metals and Commodities experience- preferred.
- Medical Device experience- preferred.
For more information on this role in Cork please contact Aisling Merrick on 086 8395533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…