Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Staff Engineer for their site.
Leads the innovation and development of new technology and software required for the development of New Products. Conduct and document all necessary research, process development, testing and validation prior to technology and software transfers. Participation in multifunctional technology and software development teams to ensure seamless transfer of new technology/software and/or processes to the Platform Development Team. Uses concurrent Engineering Techniques whilst also seeking out technology and software advancements and developing a deeper knowledge of software and equipment for the development of Manufacturing systems and the Manufacturing materials portfolio. Continually focused on reducing the technology development lifecycle and adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and project costs.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Contribute to technical requirements for new Manufacturing technology to realise functional strategy
- Investigation, design, development and implementation of new technology equipment for the introduction of new systems and materials.
- Liaise with Advanced Technology, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Advanced Operations, Supply Chain, and others as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise to engineering team
- Leads, plans and conducts engineering research, design, development and engineering projects as assigned
- Lead, monitor and control projects to ensure application of engineering principles to advance the Manufacturing Technology space
- Execute all administrative and regulatory requirements necessary for proper documentation and record keeping associated with new technology introductions.
- Compilation of Capital Expenditure Requisitions for new Manufacturing Technology equipment.
- Procurement, contract negotiation, installation, validation of new and existing technology equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Partner with strategic sourcing and supplier quality personnel for the specification and improvement of new raw materials and process consumables or the sourcing, auditing and validation of new suppliers.
- Handover of new technology from development to the New Product Introduction (NPI) Team. Ensure all appropriate engineering requirements, work instructions and all other essential technology related documentation is in place prior to handover to NPI team.
- Ensure the efficient and timely transfer of technology knowledge from project personnel to NPI engineers and coordinate the training of NPI team members
- Submit key reports on the State of Manufacturing technology and the development process
- Evaluate project results and provide manufacturing support when required
- Will assist Technology/Manufacturing Partners in resolving manufacturing and quality issues in relation to:
- Audits findings
- Problem solving and resolution on relevant issues
- Process validation
- Technical specifications
- Will provide customer service and team development with regard to achieving team goals, supporting metrics and setting and achieving training plans.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and solution implementation with support team members and with external agents.
- May coordinate the activities of 1 or more exempt and/or non-exempt employee
- May provide feedback on performance of one or more employees, based on pre-established performance parameters
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree Honours in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation or Materials Science
- 8 Years or more related Engineering experience in an R&D or technology development environment or Masters of Science with 5 years? experience or PhD with 2 years? experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical design and problem solving skills (4D Problem solving, TRIZ or other)
- Automation/Mechatronics experience
- Lean Six Sigma Experience ? preferable black belt
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes requiring extended work hours.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which effect immediate operations.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed technology proposals
- Must be able to analyse and correct complex technology and/or process issues using independent judgement
- Provide technical expertise to engineering team
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base).
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and process capability.
For further information on this Staff Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval