Senior Staff Engineer Cork
This Senior Staff Engineer job in Cork is a permanent one. I am looking for a talented, innovative and driven Senior Staff Engineer to join my client, a leading medical device company in Cork.
Our client, are pioneering development of Additive Manufacturing (3D-Printing.) We are seeking an outstanding Senior Staff Engineer to support and lead this ground-breaking and exciting new technology. They will provide direct support to the Additive Manufacturing Business while also working closely with both Development and New Product Introduction teams.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- The Senior Staff Engineer will provide technical leadership in the company's facility in the following areas:
- Contribute a strategic input into the functional strategy
- Champion operations excellence across the site.
- Benchmark best practices across the company network
- Plans and conducts engineering research design
- Plans and conducts significant engineering and lean initiatives
- Standardises and optimises best practices and procedures across the network.
- Co-ordinates with other unit?s vendors and senior managers as needed to ensure specific cost time and regulatory standards are met.
- Will communicate with partners to resolve process and product issues.
- Will evaluate the results of projects and provide manufacturing guidance and assistance as required
- Technical leadership of Staff engineers, senior engineers, Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
- Champion lean from an operations engineering perspective
- Partner with the CI&A team
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.). With 8 years' experience including leadership/influencing skills.
- Recognised Lean qualification Ideally a black belt
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Production process troubleshooting experience required.
- Dynamic "hands-on" individual prepared to take responsibility.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of technically leading a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable Excellent analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrable ability to lead significant projects and initiatives
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others
I look forward to hearing from you.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval