Senior Staff Engineer - Polymers
- Responsible for creating a work practice and environment that pushes the boundaries of conventional manufacturing & is a SME in Polymers and contributes significantly to the growth of the polymer product portfolio development using additive technology.
- Role success will be gauged by this individual’s contribution in coaching the engineering team to effectively meet and/or exceed new product metrics including product cost, process performance and time to market.
The Talents we are looking for:
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop new ideas into reality.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Business-oriented evaluators. People who effectively interpret information to demonstrate the effects of business initiatives, regulation and industry trends for sales, management and leadership teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Determining the technical objectives of engineering assignments and makes decisions regarding the direction and the results of the assignment.
- You will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
- You will lead capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- You will analyse equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. May lead or act as independent reviewer in process review meetings.
- You will coach and mentor others on functionally related topics.
- You will provide engineering support for new product and process introductions.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
You will need:
- A B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering disciplines with 6 or more years experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multi disciplinary teams.
- You will be open minded to recognise good ideas.
- You will have experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to manufacturing/design technical issues.
- You will have excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks.
For further information on this Senior Staff Engineer, Polymers in Cork please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.